“We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done. He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which He commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget His deeds but would keep His commands.”
In these verses, we find the following purposes of our Childhood Ministries:
- Guide children to know the awesomeness of Jehovah God, His deeds, His power, His wonders. This includes helping them participate in worship and prayer.
- Provide foundations on which children may develop a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ. This includes providing an environment which demonstrates Christlike love, providing opportunities to share the plan of salvation, and providing follow-up to those children who are seeking to become a Christian.
- Guide children to learn to honor and know God’s word; to know what the Bible says; to know how to use their Bibles; to develop a regular habit of Bible reading and Bible study; to understand that the Bible is relevant to their lives.
- Guide children to develop a willingness and desire to share Christ with others.
- Guide children to develop a lifestyle that would follow God’s commands and Christ’s plan for their lives.
- Provide opportunities to reach children who do not yet know the “praiseworthy deeds of the Lord.”
- Provide encouragement, resources, and training to enable and empower parents to guide their children’s spiritual development.
Here are some of the ways we seek to accomplish that vision:
Sunday School for preschoolers is a time of building foundational Bible concepts for a future personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Bible concepts taught include the following subject areas: God, Jesus, Bible, church, family, others, self, and the natural world.
Sundays 9:30 AM
Extended Teaching Care is an extension of Sunday School for preschoolers
which is staffed by a rotating team of workers.
During ETC, our preschoolers take a short break in the gym.
Sundays 10:45 AM
Same rooms as for Sunday School.
Sundays 6:00 PM – Purple Room
Babies through Three Year Olds
The primary objective of Mission Friends is to provide a strong foundation for preschoolers in a Christian and missions lifestyle. Mission Friends provides developmentally appropriate missions learning experiences to help preschoolers move from a self-centered focus to a focus on others, to become aware that not everyone knows about God’s love, and to understand ways they can help others know about this good news!
Wednesdays 6:30 PM – Ages 3 – Kindergarten
Sunday School for children is a time of learning about the Bible, using the Bible, applying what the Bible teaches, and discovering what the Bible has to say about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Grades 1-5.
Worship Kid Style is a children’s worship time for first and second graders. During this time, children learn about worship and participate in worship. Children also have the opportunity to participate in a time of music. Worship Kid Style is staffed by rotating teams.
Sundays 10:45 AM ~ Grades 1-2
RA’s and GA’s are missions groups designed just for kids. Children have the opportunity to learn about missions and to participate in missions.
RA’s is for boys and GA’s is for girls.
Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
GA’s – Grades 1-5
GA’s – Grades 1-5
RA’s – Grades 1-5
Bible Buddies (Grades 1-3) & Bible Drill (Grades 4-6)
These are groups designed for children to learn about the Bible, learn to use their Bible, and memorize verses in the Bible.
Sundays, 5:00 PM (Jan. through May)
Buddies – Grades 1-3
Bible Drill – Grades 4-6