1 Corinthians 9:25-27
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
1 Timothy 4:8
Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.
Family Life Center
Normal Hours of Operation
- Open Monday – Friday – 7 am
- Closes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9 pm
- Closes Wednesday – 3 pm
- Open Saturday – 8-11 am
- Weight room with a state-of –the-art fitness equipment
- Aerobics Room & Classes
- Walking Track
- Walking Club ($5/yr) – Prize levels based on how many miles walked
- Full-size Basketball Court
- Volleyball Court
- Body Recall
- Men’s 3-on-3 Basketball (Fall&Spring)
- Co-rec Volleyball (Fall& Winter)
- Men’s & Co-rec Softball (Spring)
- Upward Basketball (Winter)
- Upward Cheerleading (Winter)
- Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Camp (Summer)
- Church Members & Non-Members: Reserve the Family Life Center for birthday parties
- Church Members: Reserve the Family Life Center for graduation parties, family reunions, baby/bridal showers
Men’s 3-on-3 Basketball
Sign-ups for the spring league will begin in February.
Co-ed Church Volleyball League
Sign-ups for the spring league will begin in early March.
Warrior Fitness Boot Camp
For the whole family and meets on Tuesday nights from 6:30 – 7:30 pm. A co-ed aerobics class, for all fitness levels, that meets on Tuesdays at 6:00 pm, in the aerobics room/walking track. No cost to participants. (Will begin meeting again in the Spring).
- For women of all ages and fitness levels.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5 pm in the Fellowship Hall
- All Christian music
- No charge
- Open to the public
If you have any questions about the recreation ministry or would like to be involved, contact Dwayne through the church office at 859-623-8471 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.