1 Corinthians 9:25-27
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
1 Timothy 4:8
Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.
Family Life Center
Normal Hours of Operation
- Open Monday – Friday – 7 am
- Closes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9 pm
- Closes Wednesday – 3 pm
- Open Saturday – 8-11 am
- Weight room with a state-of –the-art fitness equipment
- Aerobics Room & Classes
- Walking Track
- Walking Club ($5/yr) – Prize levels based on how many miles walked
- Full-size Basketball Court
- Volleyball Court
- Body Recall
- Men’s 3-on-3 Basketball (Fall&Spring)
- Co-rec Volleyball (Fall& Winter)
- Men’s & Co-rec Softball (Spring)
- Upward Basketball (Winter)
- Upward Cheerleading (Winter)
- Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Camp (Summer)
- Church Members & Non-Members: Reserve the Family Life Center for birthday parties
- Church Members: Reserve the Family Life Center for graduation parties, family reunions, baby/bridal showers
Men’s 3-on-3 Basketball
Spring league has begun. Sign-ups for the fall league will begin in August. Games are on Monday nights. Limited to twelve teams.
Co-ed Church Volleyball League
Spring league has begun. Sign-ups will begin in September for the fall league. Games will be on Thursday nights beginning in October. Limited to eight teams.
Warrior Fitness Boot Camp
For the whole family and meets on Tuesday nights from 6:30 – 7:30 pm. A co-ed aerobics class, for all fitness levels, that meets on Tuesdays at 6:00 pm, in the aerobics room/walking track. No cost to participants. (Will begin meeting again in the Spring).
- For women of all ages and fitness levels.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5 pm in the Fellowship Hall
- All Christian music
- No charge
- Open to the public
If you have any questions about the recreation ministry or would like to be involved, contact Dwayne through the church office at 859-623-8471 or at email@example.com.