I. The Message and Its Irony (Isa 53:1; Jn. 12:37-48)
- He who bared the arm of the Lord appeared to be ordinary.
- He who was most significant appeared to be insignificant.
II. The Mystery of His Incarnation (Isa 53:1-2a)
- He was born of a virgin to indicate. His sinlessness.
- He was born of a virgin as an instrument of substitution for our sins.
- He was born of a virgin as an illustration of how we can be saved
III. The Monstrosity of our Indifference (Is 53:2b-3)
- We despised Him
- We rejected Him
- We turned away from Him
- We don’t value Him
“Man of Sorrows what a name, for the Son of God who came,ruined sinners to reclaim! Hallelujah, What a Savior!”